Here's the recipe I promised to try out the homemade pesto with. Do you ever have those days where all you really want is a HUGE bowl of pasta, well sometimes I give in and just have that bowl but other times if I don't want to feel all bleurgh and stodgy afterwards I opt for courgetti. To make courgetti I use the Hemsley + Hemsley spiralizer, which you can find here. It's an absolute dream to use and it's SO fun I always end up getting a little carried away and making way too much. Anyway, onwards with the recipe. This makes enoug for 3-4 people dependent on how generous you are with the portions. .
- 4 courgettes, spiralised
- 15 cherry tomatoes, chopped in half
- homemade pesto (recipe here)
- 1/2 lemon
- toasted pine nuts
- OPTIONAL: chopped roast sweet potato or roast chicken breast
What to do:
1. Spiralize your courgettes, try not to get carried away.
2. In a frying pan, cook the tomatoes in olive or coconut oil until they're softer and a little brown.
3. Toast the pine nuts, until lightly golden and take off the heat.
4. In the tomato pan throw in your courgetti, spinach, however much pesto you'd like and the lemon juice.
5. Cook for about 2-3 minutes so the courgetti still has crunch but isn't raw.
6. Plate up and serve, add your additional sweet potato or chicken if you'd like. Put a dollop of pesto on top and sprinkle with pine nuts.