Now I don't want to brag but I think these are some of the best healthy pancakes I've eaten. It's not complicated and the ingredients aren't hard to come by either.
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup GF rolled oats (or normal is fine)
- 1/2 cup buckwheat / spelt flour
- 1 cup almond/soya/coconut milk
- 2 eggs
How to make:
1. Add all the ingredients barring the eggs into a bowl and whisk/mash/stir whatever your preferred means are.
2. Add in the eggs, lightly whisk them with a fork so the yolks are runny.
3. You should have a relatively thick pancake mix as a result of this. If you want to make blueberry pancakes add them in now.
4. In a non-stick frying pan heat coconut oil and try out your first test pancake (small amount of the mix to absorb the excess oil)
5. Cook away, this should make around 8 pancakes, or 6 more generous ones.
6. Top with anything you like. I usually go for raw honey, berries and desiccated coconut or a homemade fruit compote!