French Toast is one of my all time favourite breakfast dishes, I thought that seeing as this week is apparently National Breakfast Week, I would share with you my favourite recipe for french toast. This will be a good one for Sunday brunch in bed so save it for then.
(Serves 2 or 1 if you're feeling greedy)
- 4 slices Sourdough bread
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 1 tablespoon of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- maple syrup
- blueberries (for topping)
WHAT TO DO:
1. In a mixing bowl crack the 2 eggs with the coconut milk and 2 teaspoons of the desiccated coconut, whisk until combined.
2. Dip the slices of bread into the egg mixture until completely coated.
3. In a large frying pan melt the coconut oil, before adding the slices of bread.
4. Cook until both sides are golden brown.
5. Plate up and drizzle with maple syrup, top with blueberries and the rest of the desiccated coconut and enjoy!