Pesto is one of my favourite additions to almost everything, it can make a dish that's relatively dull into something full of flavour. Usually I buy dairy free pesto but this time I felt like giving it a go and making it myself. It was so easy so I'm sharing this with you so you can make it yourselves too. I can't eat dairy so I try not to eat pesto made with cheese, the avocado in this does the job of making it super creamy.
- half an avocado
- 30g chopped basil / 1 bunch
- 2 gloves garlic
- 120ml extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper (season to taste)
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 75g toasted pine nuts
What to do:
1. Toast the pint nuts , dry, in a frying pan, when they're lightly browned take them off the heat .
2. While the pine nuts are browning take a minute to chop up your basil, crush your garlic, juice the lemon, cut up the avacado
3. In a blender (I use the magimix hand held one for this kinda thing) put all the ingredients and blend until it's smooth. The more you blend the greener it'll go! Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Enjoy with anything you want. They'll be a little meal idea up using this pesto in the next few days!