In the brisk January cold I headed off bright and early to Heathrow airport for a 1 night trip to Dublin to review the gorgeous Westbury Hotel along with 4 other lovely bloggers. We had a really great time in the 2 days we were there. Despite how close Ireland is to London, it was less than an hour on the plane, I'd never actually made it there. This happens far too often when I know something is easy and accessible, I always feel as though I need to go and do everything that's more challenging and further away before I can do the easy trips. However, I embraced this opportunity to explore the new city and I loved it, the food here is amazing. So here's a little post of some of the best acitivities we got up to while we were there.
My top tips for visiting Dublin!
- Visit Hatch and Sons for a morning coffee.
- Check out the Little Museum of Dublin to learn about all the different things that have occurred over the years, if you're a bit of a history geek like me then you'll find it fascinating.
- Have brunch at The Wilde in the Westbury. They serve such good food, from one avid bruncher to another, you must go here!
- Visit Balfes for dinner, delicious steak and oh my god the chips and mash potato, yes I did have both. No judging.
- Visit the Design House, it's a really quirky shopping centre with some great Irish design, there's some really beautiful jewellery that I fell slightly in love with!
- Check out Temple Bar, no not that bar, the food court. There's an amazing selection of produce here, we were offered fresh Irish oysters which I couldn't quite bring myself to stomach but apparently they were delicious.
- If you fancy doing a little bit of vintage shopping then check out Folkster, the best in the city, according to our guide while we were there!
- For evening drinks check out the Fade Street Social, really fun atmosphere and really great cocktails!
Share your favourite places in Dublin below!
* Thank you to The Westbury, Aer Lingus and Visit Dublin for having me as a guest *