A personal favourite of mine and a super easy lunch or dinner recipe for you. Perfect for using up any left over quinoa! I always manage to cook way too much.
- 1 red pepper
- 1/2 onion pan fried
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa
- 4 small mozzarella balls/equivalent
- 2 tsps pesto
How to make:
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 (celsius).
2. Cut open the pepper and clear out the seeds. Splash a little bit of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes.
3. Pre-cooked quinoa (left overs or boil for 15 minutes prior to starting this recipe), mix with the pesto and season with salt + pepper.
4. Take the peppers out the oven and they should be a little softened, stuffed with the quinoa and drizzle with a tiny bit of olive oil.
5. Break up mozzarella and place evenly on top. Then pop back into the oven and wait until the cheese looks nice and crispy!