This is the perfect breakfast for those chilly morning's that are creeping up on us ever so quickly. I like to eat this after doing a cardio based work out too, as it'll keep me nice and full until lunch time. It's super easy and tastes delicious. Hope you enjoy!
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 1/4 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp almond butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 handfuls frozen berries (I use raspberries)
- drizzle of honey
WHAT TO DO:
1. In a non stick pan add your frozen berries of choice and the water. Bring the water to the boil, and then reduce to a medium heat and let the berries simmer. Add a drizzle of honey to the mix. The berries start to become softer as they heat, it'll take around 15 minutes for the compote to form and be ready, stir frequently throughout.
2. When the compote is about 5 minutes away from being done add the oats, almond milk, almond butter and vanilla bean powder to a non stick pan and bring to the boil, once boiling reduce to a medium heat and let the porridge bubble away.
3. Transfer the porridge to a bowl and top with the berry compote, slice up half a banana and drizzle with a teaspoon (or more!) of almond butter.
Let me know if you make it!